26.3.09

pablo


I want to eat a meal with Winston Churchill, we'd smoke cigars and make victory v's and I'd touch his chin(s).  He had a friendly looking neck/chin(s).
Except that I always give up.  My life has been a succession of trial and folds.  
This was a poster in my old cello teacher's basement.  The Sydney Opera House was another one.  I memorized the placement and text on all his posters whenever I tried not to start crying.  I gave up on that, and cried, and then gave him up as a teacher.

latimes, googlealalal

5 comments:

  1. What do you think of Jacqueline du Pre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a video of her playing saint saens' allegro appassionato, which was really spectacular, when I was learning the piece, and she was extremely talented obviously. Her life seemed tragic and a bit unsettling (affair with her sister's husband at her sister's consent?). I haven't seen Hilary and Jackie yet, but I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never learn too much about Churchill. That's terrible that you gave up the cello! but you should never continue to do something that doesn't make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. winston churhill always sounded like such an interesting person! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I play still, just with a different teacher

    ReplyDelete