8.4.09

(c)huckle


I wanted to tread softly today instead of shuffling, so I did that and became a bit of an Indian.  Which made me feel like I did on my school camping trip to the Shenandoahs two years ago where a boy got twelve ticks and I first saw a real starry night.  My dad shuffles when he jogs and it is really loud, and I used to bike on the trail that runs through our town with him.  One time the boy with funny eyebrows that I liked was skating towards me and my dad was all sweaty and had his shirt off and waved to him and my hair was in a ponytail and I got embarrassed.
I watched the Levi Tyra interview and it was the most painful thirty minutes of my day.  I also finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Cat's Cradle, which were both ok.  I had a quote from the former all lined up to share but I returned the book to the library without remembering.

6 comments:

  1. I love that version of Romeo and Juliet. It's so romantic, even if Romeo does look a wee bit like Zac Efron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when my older brother was in fifth grade he fell in love with this movie only because of olivia hussey's breasts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Cat's Cradle a lot, and used a quote from it as my yearbook quote, though Slaughterhouse-Five is my favorite Vonnegut book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember watching that version of romeo and juliet in english class last year, then being embarrassed when we had to perform scenes from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cat's cradle was one of my faves.
    beautiful ramblings you write

    ReplyDelete